Christmas Antipasti: Frittata alla Marchigiana
Omelette Le Marche Style with Mint, Pecorino and Salame
This is a typical Le Marche omelette, a great dish unfortunately considered only a good appetizer, is served in many restaurants of the region as antipasti for the special menu of Christmas and New Year’s dinner.
- 8 eggs,
- 50 g of fresh mint leaves,
- 40 g of bacon,
- 80g Le Marche Salami, for example Salame di Fabriano
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil,
- 1 clove of garlic,
- 2 tablespoons of grated cheese,
- Cut the bacon into the strips and salame into slices.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a frying pan and fry the finely chopped garlic, bacon and salame.
- In a bowl, in part, beat the eggs with the chopped mint and pecorino.
- Season with salt and pepper then add the fried garlic, bacon and salame.
- Stir until mixture is smooth.
- Pour the mixture with your eggs in the same pan fried.
- Cook 5 minutes on each side, serve hot and garnish with a few leaves of mint.